To All Interested Parties:
Industry Notice #14-04
January 27, 2014
For Immediate Release
About Super Bowl Week
The New York City Taxi and Limousine Commission (TLC) today shared some important information with its licensees about the Super Bowl. Due to the high volume of visitors expected in the New York City area for Super Bowl XLVIII, the TLC anticipates increased demand and fare opportunities for taxicabs and for-hire vehicles. Please note the following:
- The TLC will be directly messaging drivers with Super Bowl-related fare opportunities.
- Drop-offs will NOT be permitted at MetLife Stadium on Super Bowl Sunday (2/2/14). All vehicles entering the area MUST have an NFL Super Bowl parking pass and will be required to stay at the stadium for the duration of the game. Vehicles without a pass will be turned away upon entering the vicinity.
- Please visit for the NYC Department of Transportation website for information on traffic conditions and road closures. http://www.nyc.gov/dot
- LaGuardia (LGA) Airport will offer special parking to licensed liveries between January 27 and February 2, 2014. Please note that this does NOT apply to Kennedy Airport (JFK).
- Licensed liveries can park free for two (2) hours at Lot 1 (near Terminal B) and Lot 5 (near Terminals C and D).
- Parking for longer than two (2) hours will result in drivers being charged the normal parking rate for their entire time in the lot.
- Lot 7 will continue to be available to those for-hire vehicles that are pre-registered to park up to three (3) hours for $1.00.
- The NYS Office of Victim Services has an important message regarding the Super Bowl. We encourage you to visit their website at http://www.ovs.ny.gov/index.html.
Please continue to check the TLC, NYCDOT and the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey websites for additional information regarding Super Bowl operation.